Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela
Wednesday Jan 16 07:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of Bollywood Film Festival 2019.
Directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. 2013. India. 155 mins. Hindi with English subtitles.
Shakespeare has inspired some of the most popular films in Bollywood. As part of our spotlight on the playwright, join us for this lush, visually stunning Bollywood rendering of Romeo & Juliet. Charming vagabond Ram meets the passionate Leela (Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone, who recently tied the knot in real life) during a village Holi celebration. It’s love at first sight for the pair, but their families have been sworn enemies for 500 years. Against a backdrop of violence and vengeance, Ram and Leela fight the world to live their own dreams. What will happen when they declare their love to the world? Borrowing a page out of Baz Luhrmann’s book, director Sanjay Leela Bhansali (Guzaarish, Devdas) stages a dazzling light-and-sound show, capturing the ecstasy of first love, the thrill of clandestine meetings, and the obsession of great rivalries with epic cinematic flair.
- I Am Cuba
- Police Story
- Police Story 2
- Family Film Sunday: The CAFF…
- Ash is Purest White (江湖儿女)
- Pele's Path: The Journey Home
- LEONARDO cinquecento
- PIC Exchange: Leitis in Waiting
- Merata: How Mum Decolonised …
- Anote Tong in Conversation +…
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2019
- CAFF 2019 Opening Night: Ani…
- CAFF 2019: Animated Lives
- CAFF 2019: Animated Perspectives
- CAFF 2019 Family Film Sunday…